PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- To process transactions. Company uses personal data such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your transactions with the site.
- To process payments. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order and may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses, and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. Company may use your personal data to provide you with support or other services that you have ordered or requested. Company may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the appropriate Company distributor or reseller for further follow-up related to your interests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. Company may use your personal data to provide you with notices of new product releases and service developments.
- To select content, improve quality, and facilitate use of the websites. Company may use your personal data, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, evaluate page response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of the websites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions, and preserve order information between sessions).
- To serve personalized advertising to you. We don’t share your personal data with advertisers without your consent. We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements, and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable data attributes we have collected to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. When you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and that your attributes meet the criteria the advertiser selected.
- To assess usage of COMPANY products and services. We may track your usage of our products and services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available to our content licensors and your company/institution.
- To communicate with you about events. We may communicate with you about events we host or co-sponsor by us or one of our business associates. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, other than or in addition to us may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties. Company and its conference co-sponsors may contact you after the event about the event, subsequent iterations of the event and related events. Please note that our event organizers, co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations. Providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns about how they will treat your personal information.
- To update you on relevant Company benefits, programs, and opportunities. We may communicate with you regarding relevant Company benefits, programs, and opportunities available to you.
- To engage with third parties. We may share your personal data with third parties in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for or with us. These third parties are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for us or for the collaboration in which they and Company are contractually engaged (for example, hosting a Company database or engaging in data processing on our behalf, or mailing you information that you requested). We carefully select these third parties, and they are obligated to keep your data secure. From time to time, we may also share your information with third parties whom we think might provide content, products, or services of interest to you.
- To get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver products and services of most interest to our customers, from time to time, we may ask members, customers, volunteers, and website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys, usability studies, focus groups).
- To protect Company information assets as well as your own personal data. Our Information Security Program protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Company information assets by following a risk management approach based on policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to meet security objectives while supporting business and operational goals.
- To assist in Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Company’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer personal data (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
This Site does not collect personal data when you browse the Site and request pages from our servers unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information to us. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personal data just because you browse the Site unless you:
- access the Site from a link in an email that we have sent to you;
- have created a profile and you either log-in to your account or choose to be remembered via your cookie or your web-enabled mobile device.
In these cases, we will know who you are based on the information you previously supplied to us. When you request a page from our Site, our servers log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the IP number, the time of the request, the URL of your request and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We collect the HTTP request header information to make our Site functions correctly and provides you with the functionality that you expect to see. We also use this information to personalize content presented to you, better understand how visitors use our Site and how we can better tune it, its contents, and functionality to meet your needs. We only use your personally identifiable information for those activities listed at the time you submit your information to us. For example, if you provide us with an email to inform you of special events, then that is what we will use your email address to do. If we would like to use your personally identifiable information for an unrelated activity, we will first request your consent to do so.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Security of Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. Depending on the circumstances, we may hold your information in hard copy and/or electronic form. For each medium, we use technologies and procedures to protect personal data. We review our strategies and update as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. We take our security obligations seriously and so should you. While we are responsible for maintaining the security of this Site, you must also access and use this Site in a manner that is responsible and secure. In addition, we have implemented a series of policies, procedures, and training to address data protection, confidentiality, and security, and we update and review the appropriateness of these measures on a regular basis.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Data
We also collaborate with third parties such as cloud hosting services and suppliers located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal data within the Company or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. When we do so, we take steps to ensure that personal data is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other business purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We are required by law to keep some types of information for certain periods of time (e.g., statute of limitations). If your personal data is no longer necessary for the legal or business purposes for which it is processed, we will generally destroy or anonymize that information.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS REGARDING MY PERSONAL DATA?
We respect your right to access and control your personal data. You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data that is not necessary for the purposes of providing you with our Products and Services, you may decline. However, if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a Service, you may not have access to certain features, Sites, Products, or Services.
Access to personal data: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to request access to your personal data. In these cases, we will comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal data. Please note that such a request could be refused because your personal data is required to provide you with the products or services you requested, e.g., to deliver a product or send an invoice to your email address, or that it is required by the applicable law.
Portability: If you reside within the European Union, you have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data and/or ask for it to be ported to another provider of your choice. Please note that such a request could be limited to the only personal data you provided us with or that we hold at that given time and subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures.
Marketing preferences: If you have provided us with your contact information, we may, subject to any applicable Spam Act or similar regulation, contact you via email, postal mail or telephone about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you, including newsletters.
E-mail communications you receive from us will generally provide an unsubscribe link allowing you to opt-out of receiving future email or to change your contact preferences. E-mail communications may also include a link to directly update and manage your marketing preferences. You can also change your contact preferences by contacting our customer service at email@example.com. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts.
HOW DO I CORRECT AND UPDATE MY PERSONAL DATA?
We aim to keep all personal data that we hold accurate, complete and up to date. While we will use our best efforts to do so, we encourage you to tell us if you change your contact details. If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can change or correct your personal data at any time. Just send an email with your old information and your corrections to email@example.com with “Correction” in the subject line.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Information We Collect and How We Use and Share It
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). The chart below shows the following categories of personal information about consumers that we have collected within the last 12 months:
|CATEGORY||Information Collected||Sources of Personal Information||Purposes for Collecting
(how we use the information)
|Categories of Third Parties
(with whom we may share or disclose this information)
|Identifiers||Customer name||Customer entry on web form||To ship product to customers and for customer communications||n/a|
|Personal Information protected against security breaches (Cal. Civ. Code ยง 1798.80(e))||Address, email and phone number||Customer entry on web form||To ship product to customers and for customer communications||Affiliate marketing using email only|
|Protected classification information||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Commercial Information||Purchase history||Customer entry on web form||To ship product to customers and for customer communications||n/a|
|Internet or other similar network activity||IP address||Customer entry on web form||Fraud protection||n/a|
|Audio/video Data||Photos/videos of customers||Customers who provide the information voluntarily as a testimonial||Display on Site and in email communications||n/a|
|Professional or employment related information||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
We or our Service Providers also may use your information for the following Business Purposes (as defined in the CCPA) on a day-to-day basis:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Performing services on behalf of the business or service provider, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
Do We “Sell” Your Personal Information?
We do “sell” your personal information as currently defined under the CCPA, meaning that we may rent, disclose, release, transfer, make available or otherwise communicate your personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Further, we may disclose Personal Information to third parties, such as our dealers, in such a way that may be considered a sale of Personal Information under CCPA.
How to Exercise Your Rights Under the CCPA
Under the CCPA you have the right to find out about the personal information that we have collected and how that information has been used or disclosed. You also have the right to request that we delete your personal information or opt-out of the sale of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed below, or if you would like additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Right to Access and Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
2. The Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Information
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any of all of your personal information that we collected from you and retained over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. You may request that only a portion of your information be deleted.
We may deny all or part of your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated based on our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our agreement with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their right of free speech or other right provided for by law
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with Sun Coast Sciences
- Comply with law or a legal obligation
- Otherwise use your personal information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provide the information.
3. The Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information
The CCPA provides you with the right to opt out and stop businesses from selling your personal information. This right applies to all California consumers ages 16 or older and may be exercised at any time.
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). Our websites and products are not intended for minors. We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
How to exercise this right:
- By contacting Company at the toll-free number: 888-281-6816; or
- By sending an email to email@example.com, providing details of your request
Some browsers have signals that may be characterized as do not track signals, but we do not understand them to operate in that manner or to represent a “do not sell” request by you; accordingly, currently we do not view these signals as a do not sell request. We understand that various parties are developing do not sell signals and we may recognize certain such signals if we conclude such a program is appropriate.
We do sell the personal information of Consumers. All consumers, regardless of age, may opt out of our promotional emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on each of our brand emails.
4. The Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights, and will not engage in the following behaviors:
- Denying you goods or services
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggesting that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking for information about your relationship with us, such as email address on file.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
You may authorize a natural person or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf to make a request to know or to delete your personal information.
To do so, you must (i) verify your identity to us and provide that authorized agent written permission to make such a request or (ii) provide the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to the California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
The authorized agent must include those authorizations in the verifiable consumer request.
Notice of Financial Incentive2
We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of goods or services, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, Sale, retention, and use of your personal information as permitted by the CCPA; such offers may result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. For details of our current financial incentive program and its terms, including how to opt-in or withdraw your opt-in, program benefits, refer to our Rewards Terms and Conditions.
Please note that participating in incentive programs is entirely optional; participants affirmatively opt into the program, and can opt out of the program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the ongoing incentives) by following the instructions in the program’s description and terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting a notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above, so check them regularly.
Children 16 and Under
We do not knowingly collect, solicit, or share personal information from children under the age of 16. If we have knowledge that a child under 16 has submitted personal information in violation of this Policy, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we may have obtained information in violation of this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 888-281-6816.
Questions About The CCPA?
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us via email at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with law.
California Shine the Light Law
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us and want to receive information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail). You may contact us in two ways. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may contact us at:
Sun Coast Sciences
1680 Michigan Avenue, Suite 700
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
c/o Privacy Administrator
For requests sent via email, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email. All requests sent via postal mail must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. (Your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping.) We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for responding to notices that are not labeled or not sent properly, or do not have complete information.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
We sometimes use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including the United States. This is purely for internal processing of your information within our systems.
We only contact individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our free newsletters or have purchased one of our products. We collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration for our newsletters and during purchasing of products and services.
Your email information is stored at the list server that delivers the newsletters. That information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the newsletters.
All of our newsletters sent out include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters by clicking on the unsubscribe link. You can also contact us atto change your information at any time.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We never sell, exchange, or release your personal information (name, e-mail address, or billing information).
Your information is NOT shared with any other third party or company outside of billing and shipping purposes.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Sun Coast Sciences | 1680 Michigan Avenue, Suite 700 | Miami Beach, FL 33139
1 This is the easiest way to have consumers exercise rights under the CCPA – but may not be appropriate or feasible in all circumstances. This method is in line with the GDPR request method below.
2 Only required if offering a discount in exchange for collection/maintenance/disclosure of personal information.